- About Connected Learning
- Current Series
- Webinar Archive
- Case Studies
- Personal Stories
Why Trust Matters in Connected Learning Environments
What do we mean by "trust" in relation to connected learning? Why we need to create connected learning environments that protect safety & privacy without compromising the ability to learn.
About The Speaker(s)
- Cathy Casserly - Former CEO of Creative Commons, now a part-time Fellow at the Aspen Institute Communications & Society Program
- David Preston - English teacher at Righetti High School
- Nik Koyama and Gabi Pereverziev - former students of Dr. Preston
- Sheryl Grant - Director of Social Networking, HASTAC
- Aspen Task Force report: "Learner at the Center of a Networked World"
- "Create Trusted Environments for Learning" chapter of the ATF Report
- DML Competition 5: The Trust Challenge (opens September 3)
- DMLcentral.net: "Hacking the Curriculum 101"
- "How long before a diploma isn't good enough, and employers want to see what you've already done?"
- "Educators/chaperones/teenagers--> human beings--> members of a network--> teammates"
- "You have to develop the skills that will enable you to CREATE a role for yourself in the new economy."