- About Connected Learning
- Current Series
- Webinar Archive
- Case Studies
- Personal Stories
[Twitter Chat] Measuring and Sustaining Participatory Politics Success
About The Speaker(s)
Potential Discussion Questions
- How do you show that minor or singular successes (campaign, events, etc.) are part of a larger success story?
- What are potential connections between fandom and civics? How can fandom serve as a catalyst to become active in civic politics?
- Lack of technical knowledge is often a barrier to get involved, how do you make specialized information more widely accessible?
- Knowing the history of your community can give you the power and language to act. How do you employ history in your work?
- How do you move beyond numbers to measure success?
- When measuring success how do you balance what you DID versus what EFFECT you had?
- When a campaign like #NotInHarrysName can take 4 years, how do you decide when a campaign ends?
- How do you keep up morale after setbacks or failures?
- After you achieve a goal/reach an end, how do you set new goals?