- About Connected Learning
- Current Series
- Webinar Archive
- Case Studies
- Personal Stories
Multiple Paths to Success: Promoting Peer-Supported Learning Grounded in Student Interests
How can teachers create powerful classroom experiences that tap into students' passions and allow them to support each other in their learning?
About The Speaker(s)
|Antero Garcia is an Assistant Professor in the English department at Colorado State University. From 2010-2011, he was a U.S. Department of Education Teaching Ambassador Fellow, providing teacher input and feedback on national education policy initiatives.|
|Cindy O'Donnell-Allen is Chair of the English Education program and professor in the English Department at Colorado State University, where she directs the CSU Writing Project.|
|Craig Watkins is a Principal Investigator with the Connected Learning Research Network where he studies young people’s social and digital media behaviors. He teaches at the University of Texas at Austin, in the departments of Radio-Television-Film, Sociology, and the Center for African and African American Studies.|
|Meenoo Rami is a National Board Certified English teacher at the Science Leadership Academy in Philadelphia, PA. She also started #engchat -- a network of English teachers connecting with one and another via Twitter to share ideas, resources and inspiration.|
|Paul Allison is an English Teacher at New Directions Secondary School and Tech Liaison for the New York City Writing Project. He is also the creator of "Teachers Teaching Teachers," a weekly podcast, as well as YouthVoices.net -- a school-based social network where youth of all ages to voice their thoughts about their passions.|
— #ConnectedLearning (@TheCLAlliance) April 17, 2014
Keep the Conversation Going
Articles, Websites, or Videos Mentioned
- Download the 'Teaching in the Connected Learning Classroom' eBook
- Connected Learning Resources for Educators
- #wherewelearn - where do you engage in teaching in learning with youth?
- Digital IS: join and share work, reflections, and practices on digital literacy & connected learning
- Winter 2013 edition of Science Leadership Academy's school magazine
- Meenoo Rami: "Going Public With Students' Work"
- NEXUS magazine that Meenoo Rami's students contributed to
- Craig Watkins's Connected Learning Research Network Project, "The Digital Edge"